DreamHost is one of the largest and most established hosting companies online. They have been operating since 1997 (positively ancient by digital standards) and have grown to serve more than 1.5 million websites and 400,000 customers across the globe. They are independent and employee-owned (ie, they aren’t another Newfold Digital or GoDaddy brand). They are […]
Web Hosting Reviews
If your domain is your digital address - hosting is your digital real estate. Your hosting server is where your website will live online. Good hosting is critical to building a successful project online.
But choosing the right web hosting company is tough. There are dozens if not hundreds of providers. And choosing one to host your website - your digital presence is a big deal. Oh - you also want them to be affordable and convenient.
There is no such thing as an overall "best" option for everyone. There is no "best web hosting" - there is only the best option for you based on your goals, expertise, resources & situation.
List Of Web Hosting Companies
|A2 Hosting||8.5/10||Learn More|
|InMotion Hosting||9.0/10||Learn More|
|IONOS by 1&1||7.5/10||Learn More|
|Network Solutions||6.0/10||Learn More|
|Web Hosting Hub||8.0/10||Learn More|
What Determines Your Choice In Web Hosting
I've been able to look at a range of web hosting companies as part of my or my clients' projects. There's a lot of factors that go into my web hosting reviews, but the main factors are:
- Price - How competitive is their short-term pricing? What about their long-term pricing? Are they offering real value or just a short-term "bait" type pricing?
- Features - What do they offer beyond core hosting features (aka the "3 D's - domains, database, and disk space)? Do they package bonus features (such as backups) or charge separately?
- Ease of Use - How do they make the sign-up and setup process less daunting? Do they make it worse with upsells?
- Support - How much does the company invest in support? Individual experiences can be anecdotal, but it's usually possible to tell if a company views support as an investment rather than a cost.
- Performance - How well do their servers perform? Are they going to be a speed bottleneck?
- Culture - What does the company value? Are they all about lock-ins and upsells or do they value long-term relationships?
- Customer Focus - What's the company's ideal customer? Are they looking for WordPress developers or beginners?
Web Hosting Hub is a web host founded in 2010 by InMotion Hosting – its older, more well-known parent company.
A2 Hosting is an independent web hosting company founded in 2003. They are based in Ann Arbor Michigan but serve hosting markets globally. A2 Hosting positions itself as a high-performance, speed-focused hosting company with excellent support.
iPage Hosting is an established hosting company targeting the entry-level and budget-conscious end of the market. They’re one of Newfold Digital’s (a large hosting brand holding company) brands, along with Bluehost and HostGator.
HostGator is one of the most well-known brands in the hosting world. They are one of the two flagship brands of Endurance International, the world’s largest web services corporation.
FatCow is a web hosting brand owned by Newfold Digital. They offer a full spectrum of web hosting services from shared hosting to VPS servers to domains with unique branding.
What is Bluehost? Bluehost is one of the most established and well-known hosting brands on the internet. Bluehost was founded in 2003 by Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth. In 2012, it was acquired by the conglomerate Endurance International (now called Newfold Digital). Bluehost hosts over 2 million websites and employs over 750 employees with offices […]
Namecheap is an independent (ie, not owned by a big holding corporation) ICANN-accredited web services company founded in 2000. They were founded as a domain registrar, but have expanded to offer a complementary spectrum of hosting services in addition to other services.
HostPapa is an independent (ie, not owned by a big holding corporation) web hosting provider from Toronto, Canada. They offer a spectrum of hosting services from shared hosting to VPS servers with a focus on small business owners (rather than bloggers or online-only operators).
GoDaddy is one of the world’s largest “web services” companies. Although they were founded as a domain registrar, they provide a whole range of services from web hosting to website builders to accounting to email to digital storage to online security and much more.