Constant Contact Alternatives for Email Marketing
Email marketing is one of the oldest forms of marketing on the Internet. As long as people have been sending email – they’ve been sending “marketing” messages – even if it’s only to announce the latest event. Constant Contact is one of the most established brands in the world of email marketing. If longevity is a measure of success, Constant Contact has earned it.
But what if you want an alternative to Constant Contact? Just because Constant Contact is the established does not mean it’s the right fit for your business. The email marketing software is the one that makes sense to you & your budget – and then helps you get back to running your business.
I’ve been able to work with a lot of small businesses over the course of my career. I’ve also been able to come in contact with & try lots of different software. I thought it’d be useful to document some of the email marketing software that I’ve checked out or have seen my clients use to help readers at least find a starting point when searching for an alternative to Constant Contact.
Here’s a brief summary along with an extended explanation below.
Summary of Best Constant Contact Alternatives
|Name||Best if you want…||Visit!|
|Aweber||…an established, trusted provider among marketers.||Visit!|
|MailChimp||…fun brand with tons of integrations.||Visit!|
|GetResponse||…focus on usability and bundled features (ie, webinars, etc).||Visit!|
|Emma||…fast-growing full featured web-based competitor.||Visit!|
Disclosure – I receive customer referral fees from companies listed on this website. All data & opinion is based on my professional experience as a customer or consultant to a customer.
Guide to Constant Contact Alternatives
Here’s an extended guide to each, along with other alternatives to Constant Contact for specific use cases.
Constant Contact’s most direct competitor. They have an old-school interface & feel. But they are very popular among marketers and small businesses.
The fun, growing brand in the email industry. They’ve been around for years, but have only recently really exploded. Pushing to bring “marketing automation” closer to every business.
One of the oldest brands in the industry. They focus on usability and providing a full marketing suite with email, webinars and landing pages all bundled.
A fast-growing direct competitor to Constant Contact.
Other Constant Contact Alternatives
There are, of course, tons of other alternatives including options that either have a specific use case, I haven’t used enough to fully judge or don’t quite have features/benefits that the alternatives listed above already cover.
There is also an entire world of marketing automation apps that I don’t include. The email providers mentioned all do some automation, but not all automation companies focus on email.
That said, I’ve had readers looking to compile a list for internal evaluation. Here’s the list that I usually provide.
- MadMimi – They focus on *only* email – and making it as simple as possible for small businesses & websites. They are owned by GoDaddy.
- MailPoet – Another rapidly growing email-only simple provider. They focus on websites using WordPress.
- TinyLetter – They are owned by MailChimp. It’s MailChimp’s super-simple, newsletter-only service.
- InfusionSoft – Very expensive, but highly customizable service for marketers.
- ConvertKit – Expensive but customized for professional bloggers and information marketers.
- iContact – A well-established brand.
- Campaign Monitor – A well-established brand.
- Vertical Response – A well-established brand.
- SendGrid – Traditionally an infrastructure provider for bulk email, now they offer email marketing services directly.
I’ve written a lot about business & marketing – and have been able to consult with a variety of clients from small shops to household brands. Here’s related resources that I’ve written.
- MailChimp Review w/ Pros & Cons
- Best Email Hosting (ie, internal email) Guide w/ Quiz
- Best MailChimp Email Templates w/ Best Practices
All the best on your project!