Hello! Here are 4 useful posts from the world of digital marketing in the past week…
Low Email CTR? Here’s Why You Should Delete Subscribers
Due to filtering, promotions tabs and more – email reach is declining. Great post on sensibly pruning your list. Read it here…
Takeaway(s): Get rid of the obviously bad email addresses; Segment emails with the lowest engagement scores; Send re-engagement campaigns to subscribers with the lowest engagement; Put deleted emails in a remarketing/retargeting list.
10 Common Outreach Mistakes
Nothing ground-breaking but I liked how concise and well-researched these were. Read it here…
Takeaway(s): Rude or Perfunctory Pitches; Too Many Buzzwords; Not Enough Research; No Personalisation; Lack of Understanding About Their Market; Short Notice; Unsolicited Follow-ups; Hidden Agendas; Going Back On Your Word; Lazy Pitches.
After 1.6 Billion Ad Impressions and 408 Facebook Ads, Here’s What I’d Do Differently
Great tactics & lessons. Read it here…
Takeaway(s): Target the right size audience; keep testing more layouts; track the right metrics in Facebook; use exclude custom audiences; have a bidding strategy to test; document your failures and success.
How To Judge Keyword Difficulty (aka “Can I Rank for [Keyword]?”)
I wrote this post this week as a complement to my post on beginner keyword research. Read it here…
Takeaway: Even though judging keyword difficulty is an more of an art with no hard rules, you can (and should) create a mini-process or checklist to use within your keyword research.
This Week’s Sponsor
Bamboo Chalupa is the marketing podcast that I always wanted to exist. I co-host it with Brett Snyder of Knucklepuck Media. We have focused, useful, in-depth conversations about SEO, content and digital marketing.
And – there is a new episode out! It covers lessons from Moz’s layoffs, Google’s AMP project and what happens when 16 publishers dominate all of Google’s search results. Listen here.
Check out these posts & guides!
- How to Protect Your Website from DDoS Attacks
- How To Scrape & Export Video Information from YouTube
- Best Joomla Hosting Comparison Guide w/ Quiz
- How I Automated Tweets for a Year: My Experience & Guide
- DreamHost Hosting Review: Pros, Cons & Comparisons
- GoDaddy Website Builder Review w/ Pros, Cons & Alternatives
- Shopify vs. Wix: Ecommerce / Online Store Builders Compared
- Wix vs. WordPress (Self-hosted .org & WordPress.com)
- NameCheap Shared Hosting Review w/ Pros & Cons
- How To Start A Blog And Make Money