Hello, hello! Here are this week’s useful reads…
Local Search Hacks You Probably Haven’t Seen Before
Oh wow. This list is really smart. Read it here…
Takeaway: There are always smarter, more creative ways to solve marketing problems.
White Hat SEO: How to Play by the Rules and Win
Well-done post. Read it here…
Takeaway: There is no tradeoff between playing by the rules & winning in SEO. Doing the right things pay off on multiple levels.
Growing and Scaling a Successful eCommerce Business: The Ultimate Guide
Long, but excellent reference / skim. Read it here…
Takeaway: Do not try to re-invent the wheel with ecommerce (at least, not at first). There are plenty of fundamentals and best practices that can put you in the top 95% of stores.
7+ Ways To Do Better Competitor Research for SEO & Content Marketing
I wrote a post about my approach to competitor research. Read it here…
- Don’t Do Direct Competitor Research
- Do Competitor Research Systematically
- Do Research on Your True Competitors
- Research Successful Content Outliers
- Research Failing Content Outliers
- Research Successful Link & Share Types
- Research 2nd Tier Links & Shares
- Research Customer Language & Feedback
- Intersect Direct Competitors with True Competitors
Have a wonderful week!