Hello, hello! Here are this week’s useful reads…
Five Strategies for Slaying the Data Puking Dragon.
Advanced, but excellent post from Avinash Kaushik (the guy who actually wrote the book on Web Analytics). Read it here…
- Focus only on KPIs, eliminate metrics.
- Focus only on KPIs that have pre-assigned targets.
- Focus on the outliers in your data.
- Cascade the analysis and responsibility for data.
- Get them hooked on text (ie, explain why the metric happened and what action should be taken).
Lessons Learned Growing The Sumo.com Blog From 100,000 To 200,000 Visits In A Month
Useful case study. Read it here…
- Use Weekly Accountability Dashboards Limited To Metrics That You Directly Control.
- Make Mistakes, But Track Them.
- SEO Won’t Save You In The Short Term – Have Alternate Content Types / Promotion Channels.
- Focus Roles – Writers Write. Promoters Promote.
- SEO Is Not The Content Marketing Holy Grail. Converting Paid Traffic Is.
Beyond BuzzFeed: How I used quizzes to generate 10,000+ qualified leads
Very interesting case study. Read it here…
Takeaway: Quizzes / assessments / questionnaires / multi-step forms can dramatically improve the quality & commitment of your leads.
How to Generate Linkable Asset Ideas
Excellent video / post. Read it here…
Takeaway: Instead of random brainstorming, create a framework and backfill with research then create ideas from there. Validate those ideas. Choose based on the most upside (ie, potential link opportunities) with the least downside (ie, ability to re-purpose).
Have a great week!