Hello, hello! I may not be working today – but my little email bots are :) Here are this year’s useful reads as voted on by your clicks.
Like I did last year, I download all my newsletter statistics from MailChimp for the year. I sorted all the links with the most clicks. So out of nearly 200 unique articles, here are the 4 most popular from around the Internet plus the 2 most popular from my site.
There will be no edition next week. Thank you again to all again for an amazing year. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I’ll see you in 2018!
Most Popular from The Internet
Stop All Social Media Activity (Organic) | Solve For A Profitable Reality
Solid post from the best Analytics thinker in the industry. Read it here…
Takeaway: Don’t spend any more time on an organic social media strategy. Do pay for social promotion that directly relates to your sales funnel.
How To Drive Traffic To Your Website (All Things Considered)
Solid overview for a range of website types. Read it here…
Takeaway: There is no “sure-fire” tactic to drive traffic to your site. But you can learn how to reverse-engineer sources based on your target audience, your website type, your goals, your budget, and your expertise.
The Definitive Guide To SEO In 2018
Long, but solid post from Brian Dean. Read it here…
Takeaway: Nothing ground-breaking will happen in SEO in 2018 *but* there are tested strategies working right now…that will work even better in 2018. Be sure to understand them.
12 “No-BS” Ways to Rapidly Increase Organic SEO Traffic
Very advanced, but solid guide with helpful screenshots. Read it here…
- Eliminate “organic anchors” with a data-driven content audit
- Prevent Your Website from Competing with Itself by Identifying (and Removing) Keyword Cannibalization
- Uncover Low-hanging Ranking Opportunities by Performing Keyword Research for an Existing Website
- INSTANTLY Boost New Pages by Linking to Them from Existing High-Authority Pages
- Boost Traffic by Increasing SERP CTRs
- Identify lost link equity in 404 pages
- Create Strong Content Silos and AVOID Orphaned Pages
- Identify Keyword Gaps
- Use “Barnacle SEO” to Align Your Brand with Authoritative Sources for High SERP Visibility
- Use “Parasite SEO” to Rank for Super-Competitive Search Terms
- Propel Organic Growth with Ongoing Backlink Acquisition
Most Popular from ShivarWeb
How To Judge Keyword Difficulty (aka “Can I Rank for [Keyword]?”)
I tried to explain the art in SEO. Read it here…
Takeaway: Use your limited content resources wisely. Fight battles that you can win and build up.
How To Use Amazon for SEO & Content Marketing
I wrote a guide to how I mine Amazon.com for insights, keywords & content. Read it here…
Takeaway: Amazon.com has a wealth of information for marketers. Use it.
Peace. Be smart. Be cool. See you in 2018.