Hello, hello! Here are this week’s useful reads…
10 LinkedIn Publishing Tips: We Analyzed 3000 LinkedIn Blog Posts
Interesting, understudied platform. Read it here…
- Your title should be be 40-49 characters long.
- Include 8 images in your post.
- Don’t embed multimedia such as YouTube videos into your blog post.
- Write How-to posts. They perform the best. You may also write a List post, but they don’t perform nearly as well as How-to posts. Don’t write a question post.
- Divide your post into 5 sections with headings (h1, h2, h3, etc.)
- Write between 1,900 to 2,000 words.
- Your writing should have a neutral tone.
- Write your post so it can easily be understood by the masses, preferably with in an “Easy” readability score of 80-89 which is easily read by an 11-year-old.
- Publish your post on Thursday for maximum number of views.
- Cross-promote your LinkedIn posts on Twitter.
How to Become a Marketing Manager
Excellent guide for anyone in a marketing career. Read it here…
Takeaway: Don’t rely on certifications and resumes. Rely on what you can learn & the experiences you have.
6 SEO Best Practices for Events
Short, useful. Read it here…
- Leave the Year Out of the Domain Name or URL
- Use Event Schema
- Optimize Titles, Descriptions, and H1s
- Include Transcripts for Videos
- List Your Event On Directory Sites in Your Industry
- Use Google Posts
If You’re Selling SaaS, Then You’re Selling a Commodity
Interesting for any business type. Read it here…
Takeaway: Your product matters. But only to a point. To truly do well, you must develop a brand for a specific market and a culture that matches your market.
This Week’s Sponsor
Ahrefs is my go-to premium SEO & Content marketing tool. Their tools cover everything from content to keyword to link research. If building great content & links is part of your marketing strategy, you should go sign up for Ahrefs now and check out my comprehensive guide to Ahrefs here.