Hello, hello! Here are this week’s useful reads…
SEO case study: Zero to 100,000 visitors in 12 months
Excellent details. Read it here…
- Start slow and take advantage of “easy wins.”
- Focus on securing a handful of strategic links to important pages.
- Establish passive link acquisition channels to build momentum.
- Be intentional about content creation and its impact on search.
- Level up over time, and target higher-value opportunities.
How Google Seemingly Cut My Audience in Half Overnight (And Possibly Yours Too)
A bit long, but very interesting. Read it here…
Takeaway: Never rely on a single marketing channel – even email. Focus on your strongest marketing channel, but use that data to build diverse, complementary channels.
How To Use Google Search Console (Webmaster Tools) Effectively
An older post of mine that I keep coming back to. Read it here…
Takeaway: Google Search Console provides a ton of extremely useful data to help improve your website…you just need to learn where to look.
Google’s Cascade Campaign on Link Spam Isn’t Working
Very advanced, but must-read for active search marketers. Read it here…
Takeaway: Google’s war on link spam happens in cycles. Just because some tactics seem to work now does not mean that shortcuts are worthwhile.
This Week’s Sponsor
If you aren’t using anything to keep you projects managed – go give Trello a try for free here.