Hello, hello! Here are this week’s useful reads…
21 Customer Acquisition Strategies to Win New Customers
Must-read/scan post from Matthew Barby. Read it here…
Takeaway: There is no single, “best” way to get new customers. But there is a diverse menu of strategies to try until you find one that works for your business.
The Wrong Way To Analyze Experiments
Short, useful post from a Growth Engineer at Pinterest. Read it here…
Takeaway: Use absolute numbers instead of percentages for determining success. It will help you compare and measure the true business impact of your marketing efforts. Percentages can be useful with context, but are usually misleading.
How To Use Amazon Sponsored Product PPC Ads Successfully
Amazon is an enormous challenge & opportunity for storeowners. I put this guide together to highlight key concepts, resources & tools to run a successful campaign. Read it here…
Takeaway: Amazon is a fundamentally different platform than other ad networks. If you can understand the incentives, concepts & use the right tools – it’s also a huge opportunity.
Do You Really Need to Clean up That Local Citation?
Good checklist for local businesses. Read it here…
Takeaway: Every tactic has a decreasing margin of usefulness. Use a checklist to determine when it’s time to move to another tactic.
This Week’s Sponsor
No commercial sponsor this week. Just a shout out to you – my subscribers. This is the 200th edition of this little newsletter. I started it 4 years ago partly to justify spending hours reading hundreds of marketing posts every week, and partly to create the marketing newsletter that I wanted to subscribe to. But you’re the ones who have made it truly exciting & worthwhile.
It’s always been deliberately low-key & straightforward. And after writing descriptions & takeaways for 800+ links, it’s as fun to send out now as the day I got my first subscriber.
So whoever you are – keep working on your projects, and keep using marketing for good. Thank you for subscribing, for sending feedback, and for staying curious.
Peace! See you next week.
Check out these posts & guides!
- How To Send Better Email & Avoid Email Spam Trigger Words
- Effective About Us Page Design: Best Practices & Examples
- Best Low Cost Web Hosting Comparison Guide w/ Quiz
- 59+ Ways To Find Free Images For Commercial Use
- iPage Hosting Review: Pros & Cons of Using iPage
- YouTube Optimization: Guide To Channels, Videos & Strategy
- Web Hosting Hub Review: The Good, Bad & My Experience
- Facebook Cover Photos: Guidelines and Creative Examples
- Shopify vs. Bigcommerce: Tradeoffs & Comparisons
- 64 Ways Small Digital Publishers & Blogs Can Make Money