Hello, hello! Here are this week’s useful reads…
Competitive, Intelligence Driven Keyword Research for Online Retail
Advanced but very tactical. Must-read for SEOs & site owners who rely on organic traffic. Read it here…
Takeaway: Combine scraping tools with keyword research tools to move from “what are competitors doing” to “why & how are they doing [X]” so that you can make truly informed decisions.
How To Carry Out A Detailed Competitive Analysis (With Only 2 Tools)
Excellent walkthrough. Even if you don’t use the tools mentioned, I like how they break out “why this step matters” in each section. Read it here…
Takeaway: Many – but I especially liked the idea of using PPC & SEO landing page data to reverse engineer a full sales funnel.
Secrets Revealed: 47 Closely Guarded Facebook Ad Tips
Very hyped up headline. But the examples and bulleted takeaways make this worth scanning & bookmarking. Read it here…
Takeaway: Given all the established ad best practices, there’s no reason to start with blind brainstorming. Use a process instead of intuition.
How To Optimize Content for SEO and Links
Good overview w/ examples for content writers. Read it here…
Takeaway: SEO success is in the details. There’s still opportunity for websites who can ruthlessly execute on fundamentals.
This Week’s Sponsor
ShivarWeb Books is a page where I keep a list of all the sales, marketing, business & career books that I’ve found worthwhile. Since you appreciate useful blog posts – you’ll probably like this list as well. Check it out here…
Check out these posts & guides!
- How to Protect Your Website from DDoS Attacks
- How To Scrape & Export Video Information from YouTube
- Best Joomla Hosting Comparison Guide w/ Quiz
- How I Automated Tweets for a Year: My Experience & Guide
- DreamHost Hosting Review: Pros, Cons & Comparisons
- GoDaddy Website Builder Review w/ Pros, Cons & Alternatives
- Shopify vs. Wix: Ecommerce / Online Store Builders Compared
- Wix vs. WordPress (Self-hosted .org & WordPress.com)
- NameCheap Shared Hosting Review w/ Pros & Cons
- How To Start A Blog And Make Money